Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pay me absolutely no attention - it only encourages me.

Its interesting how a night of no sleep makes you feel. I thought I'd be exhausted by now. To the contrary, I feel wide awake - jittery even. Actually, very jittery. Maybe its the sub-par McDonald's coffee. It went so well with that Chick-Fil-A fried chicken biscuit ripoff they have, though. Who knew McDonald's could do southern food so well? But anyway, I don't think I've had a completely sleepless night since college. Kinda having flashbacks to those all-nighter projects, which would explain why I felt compelled a couple of hours ago to right a criticism on Sense and Sensibility. It's going to be interesting to see how ballet class goes this morning. I'm betting that in about 2 1/2 hours, when we get to the petite allegro, my feet will fly out from under me and I'll land flat on my back, or perhaps on top of my head depending on my level of enthusiasm during the combo. I should get one of the front desk folk to wait by the door with a camera for just such a moment.

To fill up the tedious minutes that come with being awake for hours while the rest of the world is asleep, I also revisited this cute little teen flick that I secretly (ok, not so secretly) adore - Camp. I'm sure that any red blooded American homo reading this blog has seen it. If not, then settle down for a night, put your hair in curlers, bake some brownies and give it a go. There's a couple of truly hilarious scenes, including the one posted below. The rest of it is just cute and angsty. It's what I needed to watch on a night like last night (or morning like this morning, actually). I'm felling a little angsty myself these days, largely in part to my ex's new boyfriend, Douche. I'm told that Douche is a really great guy, though.

Now, for your viewing pleasure:

2 comments:

Casey Chapman said...

did you not sleep at all?? youre a crazy man mr. fine! oh and the macdonalds chick-fil-a rip-off is okay, but theres no polynesian sauce there.

Justen said...

quite true - the polynesian sauce compliments the sandwich very well. and no, no sleep at all. and i was still wide awake as of midnight the next night!